Style Etiquette: Are Teen Celebrities Dressing Too Trampy?
BCK visited a few online stores that are frequented by teenagers. Some of the stores were: Forever21, JcPenney, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Delia’s, Target, Walmart, to name a few. After browsing these online shops for a couple of hours, a few things were clear:
1. There aren’t much variety for girls 7-16 looking for clothing for dressy occasions.
2. Most teenagers tend to shop in the “Junior’s” section as opposed to the “Girl’s” section.
3. Junior’s clothing seem to be a bit more on the sexy, mature side.
4. The “dress” from Walmart was the dressiest clothing in the online store.
5. Junior’s clothing is more fashionable and trendy.
6. Girl’s clothing is a bit on the childish side.
So readers, after reading a few of the comments, facts, and opinions, what are your thoughts on the way that these teenagers dress? Do you feel that in a way, they are victims of fashion in 2009?
We went back to some of the places listed above and did our own research on what young ladies can wear and still dress age appropriate.
Also, pairing this dress with some fun and funky baubles with make it playful and youthful and not too grown up.
Bringing it back to being a “girl” even more by pairing the dress with a ballet flat. Yes, we’ve ditched the heels.
For a seriousl splash of color, which I just adore, go for this with the blue dress:
Warning: Only for the bold and daring.
And To Finish it off from Forever 21:
We cheated a little and went to one of our fave online stores, Alloy.com and found this gem:
The dress is grey, so with color we’ll play.
There are our three examples of how to keep young ladies looking like young ladies and not trashy tramps.
What do you think? Did we do the topic any justice? Would you wear any of the three outfits?
If so, which one?
One, two or three?